Have You Got A Leaking Shower?
Is your home experiencing any of the following symptoms? Damp Carpets, mouldy walls, peeling paint leak through the ceiling. These are some of the signs of a leaking shower or balcony leak. Act now to avoid further damage and cost! Our professional & experienced trades have both the knowledge and dedication to ensure you not only receive the best service experience. But an affordable waterproof sealing solution to your water leakage problems.
We specialise in affordable shower repairs and replacement due to a leaking shower, damaged or cracked tiles needing removal or repair, shower screen replacement, tiling a shower and build-up of mildew and mould within the wet areas. Any of these problems can be a warning sign of water causing damage to your house’s structure and possibly to your family’s health in the future. Proximity Plumbing is at the forefront of collaborating with the leading manufacturers, using products that give 100% protection against the penetration of water.
95% Of Leaking Showers
Can Be Waterproofed With Out Removing Tiles
What Is A Waterproofing Membrane? And Why Waterproofing Bathrooms Is Important?
A Waterproofing membrane is made from waterproof plastic, rubber, or coated fabric materials. This membrane is applied to all wet areas of the bathroom, laundry and kitchen. The membrane is found under the tiles and above the render and is unnoticeable once a new bathroom renovation is complete.
The purpose of this membrane is to stop water penetrating the wall and preventing water damage to your home or rental property. Not all older homes have waterproofing protection and unfortunately water damage can be seen on the opposite walls and signs of damage can be seen on bathroom and shower floors.
Affordable Shower Repairs in Sydney Leaking Shower Repair
Epoxy grout has become more and more popular among tile contractors and builders. I find new benefits every time I use this product. Unlike cement grout, which is made from a cementitious powder mix, epoxy grout is made from epoxy resins and a filler powder. The grout is extremely durable and almost completely stain-proof. Regular grout isn’t waterproof, so unlike epoxy grout, it can absorb water when it’s wet and stain easily. If you’re tired of scrubbing the gunk off your grout, epoxy grout could be your solution.
Epoxy grout is made from two different resins mixed with a filler, making it very waterproof and bettered suited to harsher cleaning products. Epoxy thin sets offer greater bond strength and chemical resistance than cementitious grouts. Although it has plenty of benefits, note that epoxy grout is more difficult to work with than regular grout. It also tends to look like plastic, which some homeowners do not like.
Epoxy Grouting Process:
- Your shower should be clean, dry and not used the night before.
- Manually Remove Silicone / Grout From Around Perimeter Of Bath.
- Apply White Epoxy Grout Product Into Perimeter Joint.
- Manually Remove Silicone / Grout From Internal Wall To Wall Joints.
- Apply White Epoxy Grout Product Into The Joints.
- Machine The Joint Between The Tiles Where The Front Face Of Bath Meets The Floor Using Diamond Tipped Machine.
- Remove waste material and vacuum excess dust
- Inject Mega Epoxy Product Into Joint.
- Re Grout Walls Using Wall Grout With Additives
- Seal Around Tap Spindles If Possible.
Process When Shower Base Is Leaking
Sometimes your bathroom tiles are beyond repair and epoxy grouting isn't an option, the next best solution may be an upgrade of your existing shower base.
- Remove shower screen.
- Remove existing shower floor tiles.
- Remove existing 1st row of wall tiles.
- Remove old floor waste.
- Remove old screed.
- Replace villa board to walls where required.
- Supply and install puddle flange to waste.
- Lay new screed to the floor.
- Apply bond Breakers/Bandages to allow for movement.
- Clean and prime base for waterproofing.
- Apply waterproofing membrane to the floor and the wall in accordance with Australian standards.
- Re-tile 1st row of wall tiles.
- Supply and reinstall new floor waste.
- Re-tile shower floor tiles.
- Apply water-resistant silicone to vertical wall junctions.
- Apply Elite Hydrapro Water Resistant Grout to all shower floor joints.
- Seal wall/floor junctions with Elite Hydrapro Water Resistant Grout
- Seal internal corners of shower screen with water-resistant silicone.
- Seal tap flanges.
- Please allow approx five days to complete the service.
Don’t Believe Everything You Read On The
Internet Believe What You Watch Instead-This Is What We Get Up To On A Daily Basis!
Our Latest Plumbing Blogs
How long until I need to replace my hot water system?
Isn’t it relaxing to step into a warm bath or shower after having a long,…Read More
The Key Differences Between A Handyman And A Licensed Plumber
Are you trying to decide whether to hire a handyman or a licenced plumber for…Read More